Big businesses lose money in different ways.
For example, one company that I was familiar with had a brainstorm in the boardroom. They could protect themselves from fluctuations in the gold market by buying and selling gold futures. They practiced right there in the boardroom and lost several hundred thousands dollars in minutes. They said, “So much for that idea,” and went back to what they were good at, which was marketing their products.
Now a loss of several hundred thousand dollars would wipe out many small businesses. A big company takes such losses in stride. Of course a persistent loss would cause heads to roll.
Young marketers with fresh ideas are often sought out by big companies. If they replace old marketer because of salary limitations, then trouble can be at the door. It’s best to work young marketers into the system gradually and let normal retirement situations gradually …
Online Internet Advertising Market Places
- Internet is the best market place to advertise your products in more than 200 countries targeted buyers or customers or ldwide community.
- Make your website for mobile users so that mobile users can access your products catalog on mobile or other PDA devices.
- Translet your website into various Internatonal Languages so that your products and services can be reach world’s local places.
- Submit your website into various Business to business (b2b) trade directories so that your customers can buy your products through b2b exchange.
- Make a blog or forums for your customers feedback.
- Submit your website in various search engines to improve your backlinks so that your webrank or pagerank will increase and your website can be come into first ranking in various search engines and your customers, buyers list will increase.
Offline Advertisning Market Places
Offline advertising is becoming more competitive in today’s new …
In these days of instant payment you would believe that the problem of unpaid registration fees is a negligible issue. Unfortunately the days of instant payment do not coincide with the days of red-tape-free purchase ledger accounting. Companies have their own internal rules about raising requisitions for payment and some may take in excess of 90 days to clear all of the hurdles. Although this is probably one of the best reasons for delivering invitations to corporate delegates more than three months prior to the event, it still leaves you with the conundrum of what to do about non-paying delegates.
The answer, as with all financial issues, is to have a clear set of contracted rules that are sent out with the invoice paperwork, the confirmation of registration, the joining instructions and any other communication that you may exchange with your delegates. There is nothing complicated about the wording; all …
Here are some quick techniques you can put into place on your web site or in your advertising to gather new prospects. There is practically no cost for most of these strategies yet they have proven to be extremely effective in any number of different venues. Use one, two or all of these strategies for a quick shot in the arm.
- Offer a free report or article that’s sent by email from your autoresponder.
- Give people a contact web form or autoresponder email address to send in their questions.
- Have a media kit, price list, pictures, catalog, FAQ, etc. that are all available by email from your autoresponder.
- Make a sample of your product available from your autoresponder. (i.e. If you’re selling an eBook, have a chapter available for free.)
- Deliver a free informational eCourse by email through your autoresponder.
- Create an outline of your site for visitors in a
I wonder if the manager selected products for the sale, or just gave a general discount. When you find an opportunity, you need to exploit it. Customers are hard to find.
“New customers and new businesses require two things from any business person or company. Knowledge of the marketplace, a clear understanding of all the dynamics of marketing, and action are all required to locate, assess and activate new customers.”- Ad copy for Finding New Customers For Your Business
There is a classic business training video called Finding New Customers For Your Business. It’s very thorough and covers a lot of ground.
It has two parts:
- Part One – Building the Foundation and Forming a Plan- 28 minutes
- Part Two – Executing the Plan – 32 minutesPart One explains Marketing and the Market and discusses the product or service, market segments, delivery systems, communications, price, and the competition.Part Two explains
People really don’t care about hearing about you. You must make them see how you can benefit them. Remember WIIFM – What’s in it for me?
You really need to sneak your way into your customers’ head and speak to their needs, their wants, their wishes, their dreams, their fears, their desires.
You must then offer them benefits, and show them how your products and services can help solve their problems, achieve results they only dreamt about, take away pain that they might have been feeling in a particular area.
Another problem in most advertising is that people are selling the wrong things when they should be selling benefits.
Most people simply talk about features of their products and services, eg. Comes in an elegant box, Has 100 moving parts, Handmade by craftsmen. All these features do very little to sell.
You really have to show your customers how all …
There are two major benefits in developing the USP. First, it clearly differentiates your business in the eyes of your current and potential customers or clients. Second, it focuses your team on delivering the promise of the USP, helping to improve your internal performance.
There are several questions to ask about your business to determine a USP:
- What is unique about your business or brand vs. direct competitors? You’ll probably find a whole list of things that set you apart; the next questions will help you decide which of these to focus on.
- Which of these factors are most important to the buyers and end users of your business or brand?
- Which of these factors are not easily imitated by competitors?
- Which of these factors can be easily communicated and understood by buyers or end users?
- Can you construct a memorable message (USP) of these unique, meaningful qualities about your
Adapt to Your Customers and Become a Specialist
As you work with a lot of customers and prospects in a narrowly defined market, you gain special insight into how they think and what they need. You will be able to communicate with them as in “insider” using their own special vocabulary and style.
Prospects and customers will think of you as being “one of us” …a specialist who caters to their unique needs. They will want to do business with you because you understand their special situation and know exactly what they need.
As a specialist you also eliminate much of your competition …even if their prices are lower. Most customers will pay a little more to buy from a specialist so they can avoid the risk of doing business with a competitor who has little or no understanding of their special needs.
Bonus: When you deliver results as a …