- Determine your business card message. Do you want a lot of information, or just enough to pique the interest of a client or prospect? The best business card designs start with a clear vision of the end purpose.
- Graphics and logos that represent your business are key. The best business card designs incorporate your information with an eye-catching graphic that shows lets people know who you are at a glance.
- Consider non-traditional colors for text or paper. More unusual colors get noticed more often. But be careful. New business card designs that use colors that are too bright or too unusual come across as hard to read and unprofessional.
- Choose the right font for your business. More creative industries have more flexibility in their choice of fonts versus more traditional companies. There are literally thousands of fonts out there–take the time to find the one that captures the spirit of
Overestimating what your donors know about you
A recent ad in “The Chronicle of Philanthropy” made this point very well. There is a picture of a couple with their checkbook. The text on the picture reads: “They don’t know why to choose your organization over another, how you handle your finances, if your letter is truthful.” The text ends with the question, “And you want them to donate money?”
Raise awareness of your mission. Let people know that you are good stewards of your finances. Let people know your results. Then, ask them for money.
No investment in donor research
When I was growing up, my father used to say, “Sometimes you have to spend money to make money.”
His advice applies to fundraising. Invest time and resources in donor research.
The first place to start is with your donor records. Look for the donors who have given the largest …
Generally speaking, everybody either in or wanting to get into mail order, feels that they have the final answer to what the general public will beat a path to their door to buy. The problem is that once they’ve invested a good deal of hard-earned cash and countless hours, their programs don’t sell quite as well as they had hoped they would. Thus it is that these people begin to feel that they’ve left something out or perhaps not doing “some little thing” that they should be doing.
At this point in their lives, they’ll spend a couple of dollars for anything that pretends to fill them in on the secrets that they haven’t yet discovered. The bottom line in building a fortune through mail order is not necessarily in working your plan, but in “filling in” the people who either have tried and failed, or else are wanting to …
Promotional Products Made Simple
Promotional products marketing fits easily into any advertising budget. Promotional products complement and actually increase the effectiveness of other advertising media. They can be directed to selected audiences, which dramatically increases their effectiveness. And they remain in use for long periods of time to repeat the advertising message each time the product is used, without extra cost per exposure. People like to receive them. And since the items are useful and appealing, they are effective as incentives and motivators. Because there are so many products available, there is a lot of flexibility in planning a successful promotion.
The Power of Promotional Items and Gifts
In 1993, a Baylor University study2 found that salespeople who handed out promo items received 22% more referrals than those who did not give out free gifts. In addition, when compared to coupons (discount offers), promotional goods produce more sales, according to …
Time and Money:
While you can post your ad for free in many sites, the cost to access the popular classifieds sites which attract traffic is not costly too; in fact, it is nothing in comparison to the ROI it entails. Moreover, posting an ad is a simple process that doesn’t demand a lot of time. A simple ad copy is all you need.
Simple and Easy:
While other forms of internet marketing techniques demand a dedicated time and effort, classifieds posting is as simple and easy it can be. Preparing an ad and posting it could be a manual job,but there are sites which automates this process for you; Some of them even help you in preparing a better ad copy specific to each type of posting.
Targeting a good number of sites carefully selected depending on the context of the service, an online business can enjoy a …
To make it easier to understand, here are some benefits of using vehicle wraps and why they are a memorable way of spreading the word about your business.
- Grabs Attention: with its visual appeal including bright colors and design, company vehicles are prominent on the road in the midst of traffic. A plain white van, for instance, wouldn’t be able to come to anyone’s attention but a well-designed vehicle wrap is almost instantly noticed.
- Wider Audiences: if the fleet is large enough and if company vehicles travel far and often, a business is able to reach tens of thousands per month. With this form of advertising, a much larger audience is reached out to.
- Friendly Advertising: print ads and other mediums can interrupt a person, for example, while reading, but vehicle wraps attract the attention without being a nuisance. The message is given off in such
The first few times the ad or information pass in front of a prospects eyes, they may not even notice it. After a few more times, the content becomes a little more familiar and it starts to get noticed. By the ninth time, there is total recognition.
The recognition does not necessarily come at touch point seven, eight, and nine. It could be at various points during the campaign. By why would you want to quit at nine times? The answer is that you would not want to quit and lose the momentum of the campaign that is getting results.
Campaigns can take many forms. The nine repetitions do not all have to be in the same format. A campaign could consist of a direct mail letter, a phone call, an email, a postcard, a trade magazine ad, a sponsorship plus more. If there is a combination of media then …
Get the people’s attention
The main reason you are designing the signboard is because you want to pass a message and there is no way that you will pass the message if you don’t get the attention of the people that you are targeting. You should avoid using a regular design that nobody will remember. You should consider the size of sign board and its location. As rule of thumb, the board should be of the right size for everyone to remember it. It also should be strategically located to get the people’s attention.
Pay attention to the lifetime of the board
Different boards are used for a given time. The duration should inform you on the right material that you should use in designing it. If you are going to use it for only a short period of time you should use aluminum or any other material that has …
After you find your niche you should conduct market research to find out who is in the market to purchase these products. After you gain this information you can expand your product line horizontally. You should not rely on that one product to carry your business. For example let’s use the 1970’s eclectic fashions niche. If you were to start and online store selling these eclectic fashion clothing you could add accessories to your product line like jewelry, hats, shoes, or other related products that would compliment the clothes that you are selling.
Now that you have expanded your product horizontally you should now look to expand vertically. This is done by taking one of the related products and making it a niche product itself. An example of this would be taking your jewelry line and selling it as the niche product with the other products that you are selling …
The goal of any successful direct marketing program is ultimately a positive effect on your bottom line. Good direct marketing programs are proven performers that will give you an edge over your competition. The direct marketing expertise and capabilities that a good direct marketing company offers will turn your direct marketing expenditures into successful investments.
Look for a company that has years of target market research experience ready to work for you. They will uncover who your best customers are and develop a direct marketing campaign that will get them to respond.
They should know how to impact behavior, get results and form the basis for long-term relationships with your customers and prospects.
Direct marketing abilities should include:
- Direct response advertising
- Customer relation’s management
- Data management services and data analysis
- Media planning, media buying and complete direct marketing campaign management
Seven HUGE Tips to Direct Marketing that gets results