If your private practice is not growing niche marketing can help. How can clients find you and purchase your services if you are a generalist? Being a generalist is useful when you live in a small town or remote area. Niche marketing is a specialized area of work that sets you us as an expert. You can market your niche by writing articles, creating e-books or tip sheets, and letting the media know that you are available to give interviews based on your area of expertise.
- Niche marketing is marketing your service or product to a segment of potential consumers (aka your target market).
- A niche can be based on an endless number of segments of the population: age group (e.g. teenagers), a geographical location (e.g. the city of Montreal), an industry (e.g. the mining industry), a group of professionals (e.g.lawyers), a life stage (e.g. menopause), a special interest group (e.g. pet lovers).
- Finding a niche market helps you to focus your marketing dollars and efforts on people with unique needs who will purchase your specilized services.
- Niche marketing makes it easier for you to develop longterm relationships with clients or customers by targeting their needs.
- Developing a niche sets you apart from, sets you up as a specialist and an expert which makes you recognizable in the crowded marketplace.